Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's time.....

.....for Thankful Thursday!

Today I am thankful for....
  • The Pediatric nurse who called me back so I could get Sydney seen about her spreading "rash." Turns out, it's eczema. We got some steroid cream to put on her 2x a day for 10 days for when she has bad flare ups (like now) and a HUUUUGE tub of Eucerin cream to use on her multiple times daily. Now that I think about it, and remember, what she's got going on now, looks exactly like what Austin had at 3 weeks of age. So I'm praying she quickly grows out of this!!
  • Oodles and gobs of money in the bank, so when my HUGE bottle of wine explodes in the car due to the 100+ degree weather, I can just drive to Boise and buy another one. NOT.
  • A [almost] 3 year old who still takes naps.
  • A mom who happened to buy two HUGE bottles of the exact same wine, so I can mooch off hers. =)
  • Having a liquor store on base, so I can just go pick up some Malibu and bring with me to make up for it. (on Vacation to the lake that is....)
  • Mini cupcakes on sale at Wal-Mart for 1.50=happy Austin
  • Being able to qualify for WIC so I can share the wealth and bring some of the food up to the lake. Less to buy!
  • Furniture Row people not arguing with us when we went to exchange our furniture. (Pictures below)
  • Wal-Mart brand diapers working on Sydney... don't have to buy expensive Pampers or Huggies. Her cloth diapers are still enormous on her.
  • Having two vehicles so we had the ability to loan ours to a troop in Bryant's shop when he was in need. An extra couch too.

That's all for now! Here's some pictures of our new furniture set. We talked with the manager while exchanging our stuff, and he highly recommended this set. Told us that leather over fabric, with children, is definitely the way to go. Plus, we always buy warranty, and the warranty on leather ROCKS. So, pray that THIS set works for us and isn't so cheaply made!



The love seat
The Ottoman/Storage

The couch

Now all I'd love to get is an area rug for our living room. Gotta save up for that one though- those things are SPENDY!!!!
xoxoxo
k.







3 comments:

  1. That furniture is SO pretty! I love reading your blogs by the way!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new furniture...again :o) hehe I hope this set works out for you guys!
    Love,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete