Tuesday, August 3, 2010

10 for Tuesday

1.  Sydney is doing better!!!  Her smiles are back, she's playing with her toys, and laughing with her Bubba.  I love love LOVE it!

2.  Sydney has her FIRST dentist appointment tomorrow!  They said they wouldn't do a cleaning, but would check her teeth, and just kind of get her introduced to being at the dentist.  Hope she does well!

3.  It's AUGUST already!!!  Can you believe it? This year is flying by.  So weird.  Seems like we just celebrated Easter.  How weird!

4.  We have SO much to do the first part of August, I feel like my head is spinning.  We have doctor appointments, a zoo trip for Austin's birthday, his birthday on the 9th, and a photo shoot on the 11th that I CANNOT wait for... so excited!! 

5.  I leave in 9 days to head to Washington with the kids.  It isn't a trip home for play though this time- I'm going home to get the downstairs ready for construction, getting things moved out and around, the upstairs set up into my dad's office, and cleaning stuff up.  We're having a contractor go in and finish the downstairs so the kids and I can have our own little apartment down there while Bry is gone.

6.  Speaking of Bry being gone, we only have 2 1/2 months left until he leaves.  It's so close, and it's really starting to weigh down on us.  We've got to make the best of the time we have left though!!  We'll be hanging onto memories until he returns home!

7.  I'll tell ya, I've started a personal blog, started reading blogs, mostly military wives, and I'm really loving it.  Bryant doesn't understand reading other peoples blogs, people that I don't really even know-- but it's comforting reading that other people really are just like me.... I don't know, I just like it.  So there.

8.  I watched the movie Food Inc. finally.  I'll tell ya, I'm disgusted.  Not that the movie was completely disgusting, parts were, but I'm horrified at how the animals are treated, how they're "grown," the conditions that they are raised in, fed, etc.  It's horrifying.  I urge you to watch it if you have not done so yet.  I think it may change your mind on the meats, chemicals, etc that we put into our body.  I might just be your next "Granola" mom/wife/friend, haha!

9.  We have Netflix.  And with Bryant's X-Box 360, we can watch "instant" on it from Netflix.  Whenever Austin wants to watch something, it's always Netflix.  His reasoning for it is, "Mom, I'm sooooooo exxcessssssed (obsessed) with Netflix!!!" 

10.  All I'm going to say, is that Albertsons is EXPENSIVE.  I usually shop at the Commissary, but had to go to Albertsons to get diapers for Sydney.  So I picked up a few odds and ends that we normally buy.... and wow.  I felt like I was back in East Wenatchee buying groceries.  EXPENSIVE.  Ouch.  I really do think that I heard my wallet groan. 

xoxo
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment