Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hello World

I haven't been neglecting my blog on purpose, I swear.  I know it's been almost a month since I've posted anything. And yikes!  I've just been really having a writers block, which I don't know why, considering we have been sooo busy lately! 

Let me see.  After Austin's trip to the zoo, we had a trip to Washington scheduled.  My back went out the day before I was suppose to leave, so I ended up postponing a day or two.  (Can't remember.)  It usually is only bad for a week or so and then I'm back to normal.  But it has been almost a month now, and while it isn't killing me still, it still is not the same.  Scares me a little!

Anyhow, we went to Washington and my mom and I got the downstairs rooms and closet cleaned out.  Chels and Cami came and helped one day as well.  Since, we have been getting estimates on what it would cost to finish the downstairs.  Tonight, hopefully is the final estimate and then we'll decide what to do.

I got to have a girls day with Chelsea.  We went to lunch at Tastebuds, shopped, and just had a good time.  It's been so long, and was waaaay overdue.  Then I went that night with Chelsea and Chris (her hubby) to a birthday party.

The rest of the time was spent with a friend here or there, Austin's birthday party, spending time with the family and running errands.  It was nice to be home, but being home made living there much more real.  It made me realize what missing Bryant is going to be like, and Austin felt it too.  It is going to be very hard being away from him for a year. 

We got back from Washington last Friday and had a week of down time.  I got the house picked up, laundry done, and then found out that Paul was back in the hospital with blood clots in his lungs.  We packed back up and headed to Bend, Oregon on the next Friday.  He's out of the hospital, and doing pretty good.  It was so great to see him and Connie.  We had a blast, and just being around them helped I believe.

So here we are, home again.  Some other news I have, is that Bryant's final out date for this base has been changed from October 26th to November 18th.  We are happy about this though- so no need for apologies! =)  This way, we have more time to get the house ready and packed, and also Bryant will be with us for Thanksgiving.  I could not be happier about that.  Instead of him missing two major family holidays right off the bat, he will be with us for one of them.  Very thankful!

So anyways, that's a quick update, and hopefully my fingers will type a touch more on this blog! ;o)


xoxo
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment