Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It Will Be Good

The housing list hasn't come out yet for the last of the month yet. It may or may not be driving me insane.

However, what I have been finding as a hassle, something came over me.

A little prayer can go a long ways... What I saw as something moving so slow (in reality it's only been a few weeks) I have been able to stop and think. Think about things that I will truly miss about living here. And also about things I am very much looking forward to by moving on base.

What are my thoughts, you ask?

Things I will miss:
• walking out my back door to TRUE Germany.
• the space. While its a PIA to clean, it is nice to have room to put stuff.
• the heated floors.
• the rolladens. If we get a town home, they come with. Stairwells do not.
• the master closet. It's huge. So huge in fact that I don't even use any of my space in either of our two dressers.
• the church bells that ring daily in our village.

Things I am looking forward to:
• being on base (commissary, bx, friends, etc)
•English speaking people
• closets for the kids
• smaller space to clean. You might laugh but these days my back can only take so much.
• seeing more of my husband. And the kids their daddy.
• friends for the kids with no language barrier.
• less money spent on gas.
• a better overall mood for myself and Bryant
• no stress about having to unplug every single appliance right after each use.
• not having to use a transformer to run our tv!!
• a bigger kitchen!

So obviously those aren't all the Pros of on base living but its a pretty good list. So in the end we know that moving (again) will be a good thing for us.

Xoxo.
k

No comments:

Post a Comment