Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Happy Days :)

Pictures first...... then read on!

My little diva :) Complete with armpit wrinkles... they're so cute!
All cozy after her bath

My finger was in the flash, of course, on the cutest one :) Not sure if that spot under her nose is going to go away, or if it's her birthmark.... we shall see!!


Look at that curl in her hair! Only really shows when it's wet!

Loves getting her hair washed.... her favorite part of bath time

Her umbilical cord thing fell off, so she got a normal bath!!

Daddy and his baby girl

Sydney in her swing that Aunt Chelsea and Uncle Chris got her....she loved it!

Baby toes.... she was sooooo passed out on the couch!

Austin checking out sissy's hands again

Sydney sunning herself, and Austin making sure she's okay!



Things are still going fairly well. Sydney hasn't been sleeping well in her cradle, so we decided to try a couch cushion, since she passed right out on the cushion for a nap yesterday. Mom stayed downstairs with her last night for us so we could get some MUCH NEEDED sleep. She slept like a champ. Waking every two and a half hours is a steal compared to every hour. Mom brought her upstairs to feed and then we'd bring her back down to sleep. She did great. So it looks like the cradle may not be in the cards for Miss Sydney Linn. But whatever can help her get that needed sleep (for us too!!) is well worth it. And she must have felt better after such a great night because she stayed awake for almost 3 hours this morning. That's huge for her! She hasn't stayed awake for more than about 40 minutes at a time since she was born, so being able to watch her be awake and alert for so long was really neat. She's kind of trying to track things that are in her line of view which is great to see. She's really a very very happy baby. She smiles a lot, and even has chuckled a couple times while smiling. It's so dang cute! She is still in preemie clothes, which I imagine she'll be in for a couple more weeks. She should be hitting a little growth spurt here in the next week or so, so maybe I'll finally be able to put her into something other than the few onesies that we have for her that are preemie! We were fully NOT expecting a preemie baby, so had nothing smaller than newborn for her. And even newborn clothes, we didn't have many of.


Sydney has her 2 week check up on Friday. I am so excited to see how she is doing and how much weight she has gained. She seems to be thriving and I am so incredibly thankful for that. When I think of the realm of things, with her being 4 weeks early, and think to what could be, and what is.... we are so lucky. I will gladly take two hours of sleep per night if it means that I have a healthy baby girl. And healthy she is. Her jaundice levels are very low now, the yellowing is subsiding, she's eating much better, goes through plenty of diapers, loves her baths, smiles huge, and seems to already know my voice. She's so amazing.


Austin loves his sister too. He asks daily, more than once, to hold her. He loves holding her and touching her hands and toes. He's so obsessed with how little she is. Sometimes we think that he thinks she's more of a play toy than a real live person. I was shocked that he actually understands that sissy came out of mommy's belly. He is still telling me every now and then that sissy came out of my bewwy. When he goes down for a nap, or to bed at night, he always gives her a kiss... it's just so sweet. I can't wait until they can start interacting a little more. (Yes, I CAN wait.... I wish I could freeze time right now.... but you know what I mean.)
xoxoxoxo
k.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics and the updates! The first picture is way toooooo cute!! She falls to sleep on the couch just like Auntie Connie!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney is just so beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys! I really wish I could hold her.
    It's great that your Mom is there helping. I had Terry's Mom to help me and it was amazing. Enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad that she loves her swing! We need to chat about dates...call me when you have a few minutes...anytime after 5! We are really looking forward to our trip down there...can't wait to meet Miss Sydney!
    Sending Hugs xxxxx
    Chelsea
    By the way...LOVE the new background :o) Super Cute!

    ReplyDelete