Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thankful Thursday! I added in a couple pictures, bittersweet =)
Today I am thankful for:
...today's medicine technology. I got my injections into my back yesterday, and can't wait until they kick in. 10, 15 years ago, I doubt this would have even been an option.
...my mom and Grandma making a trip down for a little over a week. We are going to have such a good time. On the agenda: Taking my Grandma to my church, Anderson Apple Ranch, a Pumpkin Patch, Darius Rucker Concert, shopping in Boise. Can't wait!
...My family. I shouldn't even have to put this on my list... they are always a constant source of joy to me. I am so incredibly blessed with my immediate and extended family.
...internet. If it wasn't for this great invention, I wouldn't be in contact with so many of my friends that I am now. I'm not a big phone person, but typing, I can do!
...the job that my husband has. There are the good and bad that come along with it, but he is able to take time off when he needs it to help me out, like now.
...sleeping babies. I am having a nice, peace and quiet time right now while Sydney is napping in her swing, and Austin is upstairs napping with daddy.
...a healthy family. The H1N1 virus, also known as the Swine Flu is running rampant on this base. So far, none of us have picked it up anywhere. I am glad that Austin isn't school age yet, because supposedly that's where most of it is coming from, and then just runs it's course through each family member.
...changing seasons. I love living in a place where, for the most part, we get at least a little taste of each season. Mainly winter and summer, but there are a couple weeks of Fall, and a couple weeks of Spring each year. Granted brought on with an insane amount of wind, but at least they come! Of course, the two shortest seasons here are both my favorite, go figure!
Hope this finds you all well! I have attached a couple pictures for you to look at! The Then and Now.



Austin. This was taken October of 2006. He was 2 months old. It's the earliest picture that I have on my laptop of him. The rest are on the desktop.
October 2009. He's 3 years and 2 weeks old. He's changed so much, and such a handsome, sweet, loving, and funny boy!

Sydney. Taken May 2009. She was 1 day old!
Sydney. Taken September 2009. She was a few days shy of 4 months old.
Time really flies. We are truly, truly blessed. I wouldn't change it for the world.
xoxo
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment