Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday's Favorites

It's FRIDAY!!! yahoooo!!! The weekend... yeah! It's been a pretty slow week around here. Monday, Sydney had her 6 month check up. I can't believe she's already half a year old. It's sort of traumatizing for me! She's doing well though- growing growing growing! Her stats prove that she's starting to grow length wise, which is great; however, once she starts losing all these adorable chubby rolls, I think it will be sad. I love her chunky legs, and cheeks. They're so adorable. She got her shots Monday as well. She was incredibly tired at her appointment, so she was already grouchy, and the shots just topped it off. She got her H1N1 vaccine as well. She has to go back in 30 days for her second dose of H1N1 as well as her regular seasonal flu shot. Babies have to get 2 doses to be protected. Since her shots, she has been SO HAPPY. And I'm not saying that sarcastically either! She's been sleeping well, taking naps, and just happier in general. It's been a wonderful break for me, and it's been nice to get my sanity in check again! Yesterday I took Austin in to get his H1N1 vaccine as well. When he got his 3 year shots, he still didn't know what was going to happen... however he obviously inserted the experience into his memory bank, because as soon as we got into the room at the shot clinic he flipped. He was not a happy camper, at all. He started crying as soon as we put him up on the table, and had to hold him down. The tech just swabbed his leg with the alcohol wipe, and he screamed so loud. I tried telling him that they hadn't even given him the shot yet, but by the time the words were out of my mouth, poke. And then it was over, and my ear drums were blown. That boy can scream!!!! He cried the whole time getting his pants and coat back on, all the way back out into the waiting room and half way out of the hospital. He also goes back in 30 days for a second dose of H1N1, and I am already dreading it!

Bryant cut Austin's hair into a mohawk over the weekend. I wasn't sure how I really felt about that, and thought he looked incredibly funny. However, it's been almost a week now, and it's kind of growing on me. He's so cute he can pull anything off. =) But, much to Bryant's dismay, as soon as the sides of his hair are grown out a little more, the 'hawk is going bye-bye. He looks much more handsome with a normal little boy haircut =) Not to mention my mom is appalled. Haha!!

This weekend will be another quiet one for us again. We are trying to save as much money as possible for our trip home in a couple weeks.

Here's my Friday's Favorites this week:

~My Christmas Tree. Its beautiful this year...
~The highchair. I've found that Sydney likes to sit in it and play, and is content for awhile so I can get things done---much needed...
~The ottoman. It's completely a "catch-all" for the kids' stuff... clothes, toys, books, wipes, etc... and while it does get cluttered, it also helps me in my procrastination habit, so I love it. =)
~Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer. It's a "holiday" flavor that only comes out around Christmas, and I absolutely love it. I'm thinking about buying a few bottles and freezing them. You can freeze milk, so why not creamer?
~The Polar Express. It's a kids movie- and I love it. Austin does as well. We recorded it on TV yesterday and watched it, and it's just a great movie.
~My Bounce Dryer Bar. You don't have to use dryer sheets with this. You just stick the bar to the inside of your dryer, and walah! And it makes the clothes smell GREAT!


I hope every ones week went well!

xoxoxo
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment