Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm so BEHIND!

Austin (aka Boog, Beaver, Bubba)-

Next month you will be 3 1/2 years old. I can't believe that this is the year you will turn FOUR. Where has time gone? It seems like it was yesterday that we moved to Idaho and I was still pregnant with you. Like just yesterday that I was preparing your room for your entrance into this world. Like yesterday that we brought you home from the hospital bursting with pride for you. You have grown up so fast, and it's so bittersweet. I want to remember every moment of your life, take a mental picture of every smile, every giggle, every kiss and every hug. In my mind, there will never be a day that you won't call me momma, and won't run to give me hugs when I walk in the door. In trying to organize our pictures lately, I've been browsing through your baby pictures, and it's amazing how much you have grown. I do miss the little, tiny baby you were, but fall in love more and more every day with the little boy you've become. My heart bursts with pride for you, you are just so amazing.
Your personality breaks through at every waking moment. You are such a spit fire, that it cracks me up. You are so full of life, and so incredibly loving. You are so funny, you have me roaring with laughter on a daily basis. Just the other day we were in Wal Mart looking at curtains, and there was an employee (male) in the aisle scanning items. He had long hair in a braid that went down his back. You stood right behind him saying "Momma, LOOK! It's just like a girl, Mom, LOOK!" You said this over and over, and it finally caught my attention as to what you were saying. I could barely contain my laughter long enough to pull you and daddy into another aisle so I could bust up laughing.
You are also an insanely smart little boy. You know all your colors, numbers 1-11 (and even can count backwards from 5-1) and you are now learning your alphabet. When you get tired of singing the alphabet song with me, you look at me and pointedly say "I'm so sick of this game."
You are very into Superhero's right now. Spiderman, Batman, Hulk, Ironman, you name it, you love them. Transformers are a new love of yours as well. You can endlessly make me or daddy turn your transformers into cars, and then back again. Over and over and over.
You have found that you love playing Hide and Seek. When it's your turn to hide, you giggle the whole time, and once we get close to you, you jump out and say "HERE I AM!!!" Your hiding spots include: under the table, behind a chair, and I think your favorite is in our bedroom closet.
You love seeing your sister smile, and making her laugh. I can see the love you have for her written all over your face. She lights up every time she sees you, and it makes my heart burst. When she smiles or giggles at you, you proudly exclaim that "SISSY LOVES ME!" Yes, yes she does. In fact, her newest word is "Bubba." And boy that made you happy!
You have a new puppy now as well. You and Petey have endless hours of fun together, running back and forth. You think it's so funny when you get him so riled up that he starts barking at you, but aren't too fond of him nipping at your bottom while you run. Many times I have heard you, while hugging (maybe a little to tightly) his neck, saying, "You're my best friend."
Austin- you are just simply amazing. You light up my life, and bring me constant joy. I can't believe how blessed my life has been with you. I love you Bubba!

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment