Monday, July 26, 2010

Time is flying.

I swear 'time' has wings.  I remember when Bryant first got his orders to Greenland, it seemed like it was light years away.  In reality, only 7 months.  I remember us talking about how "It's still 7 months away, that's tons of time."  But now, today, it's exactly 3 months away.  I think it's really starting to settle in for both of us that he will be gone for an entire year.  A whole year with no husband, no father, no companion, no sidekick, no texts, no cuddles on the couch, no warm body in bed.  A year.  We are trying to busy our minds by trying to think of things that he will need over there, material things, that will make the time pass a little faster.  A computer, movies, digital picture frame, camera, games, nice comfy sheets.  It's so much different this time, than it was when he deployed.  When he deployed, I knew, God willing, that he would be home in 4-6 months.  But this time.  This time, he will be home in 6 months, but he has to leave again.  A quick jaunt to Washington, and he'll be back on that jet plane to the middle of no where. 

I can't imagine what is going through his head.  What he thinks about.  I don't think I could do what he does.  I don't think I'm strong enough.  I have so much respect for him, it's unreal.  Being away from my spouse and kids for a year; to be somewhere with no one familiar, somewhere so desolate.  I can't even imagine.  I am so thankful that there are a lot of things to do where he's going to keep him busy.  To keep him going.  I am also insanely thankful that there is Skype, and telephones, and Internet.  I have started brainstorming millions of things that the kids and I can do for him and send over so he gets things in the mail often.  Something to look forward to, something to make him smile, and feel wanted and loved.  And thought about. 

Anyways, just had to vent.  My brain hasn't shut off for a day now, and things are starting to feel really intense.  Bryant always makes fun of me for missing something before it's gone, but I already miss him.

xoxo,
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment