Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What a crazy day!

Today has been so crazy. I made plans with my friend Claire and her little girl Dailey to hang out before playgroup this morning. She showed me all her cloth diapers, and different types and brands... (we're seriously thinking about going that route.) So we get done with that, and leave to go pick Sarah up for playgroup. We notice part of the round-about is blocked off by a cop car, and then down the street that leads to my house is also blocked off with more cop cars and a fire engine. Weird? So we carried on and got Sarah, and were driving to playgroup, which is at the Youth Center, and notice that there's kids, hundreds of them (or so it seems) walking to the BX. It looked as if they'd been evacuated from the school. And as we got closer to the Youth Center, there were cop cars everywhere, zooming about. So inside we asked the ladies behind the desk what was going on. There'd been a gas leak in the school, so the entire school had to be evacuated. Yikes! So we go on with playgroup, and about 11:00 we end up getting evacuated from the Youth Center. There'd been another leak at the Bowling Alley, which is right close to the Youth Center. Almost half of base had been evacuated it seemed! The school, the BX, the Commissary, the Youth Center, the Bowling Alley, Community Center, and Library. So we had to leave immediately, and come to find out, I couldn't go home. Nor could Claire. I live in the new subdivision right behind the school, and Claire lives right behind me. Our developments had been evacuated as well. So we ended up going to Sarah's and crashing and eating some lunch. I just came home about 1:30. Today was just NUTS! 90% of the roads on base were blocked off, cops were everywhere.... it was a little surreal. And quite scary really!

On another note, Austin had a blast at playgroup. He ran and ran and ran and ran. And looks like he found an obsession with hula hoops. He was pretty cute, and I kicked myself that I didn't have my camera. He just had a blast though! And needless to say, now that we are home, he's passed out upstairs in bed. He'll probably take a wonderful nap!

His potty training is still going excellent. No accidents. He goes all day with no accidents, he tells us when he has to go potty, or, if we ask him if he has to go, he will tell us yes or no, and he's spot on with that. He goes stinky in the potty now, he's just doing great. I get up with him 1-2 times per night to take him potty, and he will get up with me, and go potty, and then go right back to sleep. Sometimes he will even fall asleep on the toilet. It's pretty funny. Every now and then he will wake up in the morning with his undies a touch damp. I haven't figured out if it's just a little pee, or he's just sweaty. It's never enough to go through his undies as well as his pants, so it's just a tiny bit. Guess we'll see as time goes on how he does!

Well, I'm going to lay down while I have the chance. I am exhausted today. Hope everyone is doing well, and I will load some pictures on later today or tomorrow! We shall see! :)

xoxoxo
k.

2 comments:

  1. I use cloth diapers and I love it! I just got some Bummis diaper covers from babyearth.com and they are super cute. I really like using snappi diaper fasteners too. best of luck!

    kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that I'm just now getting to this. It's funny, I get your posts in email and read them. Then I forget to come here and respond!!
    Anyhow... That WAS a crazy day you had! I'm glad that they got it taken care of.
    Good luck with cloth diapering. I considered it for about a minute. Terry vetoed the idea. :o/

    ReplyDelete