Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I got smart!

A few pictures to start it off right....
The above two pictures are how the bike ride ended (first picture) and the promise of an easy walk for daddy.... (first picture). After we hit a slight incline, Austin was done. He got off his bike and took off on a mission. His mission? To kick rocks back where they belong if they were on the walking path. :) Daddy got to carry his bike for him the rest of the way :)

Nesting has done my household LOADS of good. This is the laundry room. It was an absolute disaster, and had been since we moved in. It was one place I thouroughly neglected. I finally got in there a couple days ago and cleaned it all up and organized. I just had to post a picture for those of you who had seen my incredibly cluttered laundry room. I know! Take your hand and close your mouth now. :)


I sewed Austin a pair of PJ pants! This was a project started during Christmas time. While home, my mom helped me cut out the pattern, but we didn't ever find the time to sew them. So I finally pulled them out and takled the project. They turned out fabulous, and I am uuber proud of myself!

Austin has loved having daddy home. He's been following him everywhere and wanting Daddy to play with him non-stop. He's not happy that daddy had to go back to work today, but he will be home SOON with the promise of water gun fights! This picture was just too sweet not to share!
***********************************************
So I was really getting sick of all my blogs being jumbled together and not having any type of separation what-so-ever. Everything was just one, long, run-on paragraph. I'm sure you didn't notice, did you? :) Anyways, I decided to take a peek at all the settings, and found something in there that I thought may change the format of the way things were layed out. It looks like it's fixed my other blogs, so we'll see when I post this one if it will do the same.... let us hope it does!

On to regular topics! AUSTIN! Are you shocked? You should be. :)

He's been having FUN the past week or two. Bryant has been off for a good solid 3 weeks following his surgery. For the past couple weeks has been able to do things with Austin more. Austin has been in heaven. This week, the weather has been B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!! We have the perfect backyard this summer, so daddy and Austin have been outside every day for the past week or so. Austin LOOOOVES playing with sidewalk chalk, so we have quite a few "beautiful" portraits drawn on the concrete out back. I got him some water guns, so him and daddy have been having water gun fights. Then just the other day Daddy took Austin down to the BX to buy one of those hard plastic pools. He's been in it every day since! Not to mention his tri-cycle that he's finally gotten the hang of. So he's been riding it around the block every day with Daddy. I tagged along yesterday to watch him and take some pictures. He just loves being outside.

It's so peaceful to sit outside and watch him play. He just amazes me every single day. I'm trying my hardest to cherish these last few weeks with him as my only baby. He's been the light of my life, and I couldn't have asked for a bigger blessing than he has been. I often wonder what I laughed at before I had him. His antics are just hilarious; and things that come out of his mouth, most of the time stun me, but never fail to make me hysterically laugh.

For instance, his newest, most used phrase is: "Okay, okay, okay! FINE! WHATEVER!" It doesn't matter if we're asking him to stay out of the bark in the backyard, or to be nice to the cat.

He repeats EVERYTHING these days. While eating lunch at the table yesterday, Bryant and I were talking about something, and I said "totally disgusting." He looked at us, all dramatic, and said "it's tooooooootalllly disgustic!!"

He also repeats other things, but I won't go into detail on that. I'll just blame it on Bryant. :) I can do that since I'm the moderator of this blog! (and he VERY RARELY reads it.... HA!)


On another note. Sydney's room is almost finished. I can't believe it! I think really the only thing I have left to do is get the quilt for the bed and sheets. I think after that, we will be done. It's crazy! I can't believe that in only 4 1/2 short weeks, we will be a family of 4. Two kids. Not one. That means a lot of things. Double carseats. Double doctor visits. Double clothes. Double discipline.
Double the laughs. Double the kisses. Double the loves. Double the smiles. Double the joy.
We. Can't. Wait.










1 comment:

  1. I smiled at the pic of Bryant and Austin on the couch. I see Bry had the ever popular goatee while he was out of work.

    ReplyDelete