Tuesday, August 11, 2009

10 for Tuesday

I did not forget this week. Hurray!!!

1. Before bed tonight, I have to remember to "condition" our leather couches. The dude didn't say how often I am suppose to do this, but I assume it will tell me on the bottle. But I'm suppose to do it before bed so it's dry by morning time.

2. The living room looks totally bare now. We had three large oversized pieces of furniture in here a mere 7 hours ago. Now we have two fairly sleek pieces. Though, I have to say, I do love them. I moved our table that use to sit by the stairs over into the living room to give it an extra something. Still looks bare though. And now the empty spot by the stairs is lonely too. Guess I'll have to hunt around for some good furniture bargains and see what I can come up with. I'm sure I'll find something one of these days. When we have the moola that is! =)

3. I do believe that Austin is getting sick. The flu, I think. All day today he's been saying he's cold. And on and off that his stomach hurts. He woke up this morning saying his stomach hurt. I didn't think much of it, except that maybe he needs to go potty. He, however, says he doesn't have to go. This evening, starting around 5ish, he started getting very whiney and clingy to me. Wanted me to hold him, to pick him up, that he was cold, that his stomach hurt. I gave him some Childrens Tums, and cuddled him on the couch after I ate dinner. He didn't want any dinner. (He did, however, eat an oreo...) Before I knew it, he was propped up against me fast asleep. So that tells me right there that he's not feeling well. He never sleeps before he has to.

4. Sydney on the other hand, does. As much as she can. Right now to be exact. She's been sleeping an awful lot lately... she must be growing. I hope she sleeps tonight!

5. There's suppose to be a meteor shower tonight. I don't remember seeing one of these for years. Nic and I were still young when the last one I remember seeing was. We layed out in our front yard and watched them all shoot across the sky. It was really exciting for me. Especially because I got to stay up past my bed time. I may try to sneak a peak outside tonight to see if I can see any. Hopefully they are going full on so I can get some pictures. However, it's suppose to be the best between midnight and 5am... so we'll have to see.

6. I am thinking about making/buying new curtains for our living room. The ones we have are okay, they do the job, just not what I was wanting, what I'd pictured. They were however, partially free. One of my friends, Cassie, gave me two of the panels, so I only had to buy two more. I do like them, just wanting something more vibrant, since our living room furniture is so dark. I need something in here to pop. So we'll see what I come up with! I also want to make throw pillows, preferrably out of the same material as the new curtains if that happens......

7. I just made an e-vite for the first time. It's an online invatation. I did it for Austin's birthday party on Saturday. Geesh, what would I do without the internet??

8. It's getting dark out.... maybe I will be able to see the meteor shower soon. Austin is still up... what am I doing? I need to get this done, NOW, so I can get him to bed, and get to bed myself!!!

9. My first week on Weight Watchers, I didn't drink much water. I think that maybe attributed to my only 2 pound weight loss. So this week, on Saturday actually, I went to the BX and got the Camelbak waterbottle that I've been wanting for some time. And I've been drinking water like there's no tomorrow. It's my goal from now on to get my water quota each day, and I've been doing well! So hopefully come Friday, weigh in day, I will be down more than 2 pounds!

10. We gave Thumper away last week. It was so hard. Austin bawled. I felt awful. But I do have to say that I feel a whole lot better, and Austin's allergies are doing 90% better than when we had the cat. I did some cleaning today, and when I moved the table by the stairs, I noticed the vent that was behind it. It was CLOGGED with cat hair. It was unreal! So I pulled out the vacuum attatchment and vacuumed the death out of it. It was incredible how much cat hair was stuck on the front of that vent that didn't get through. I guess I'd better get to the self help store tomorrow and pick up a new air filter and get it put in. My guess is that it will really need it!

That's all for tonight! Time to get my little sicko to bed!!!

Until next time....

xoxoxo
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment