Monday, August 10, 2009

He's growing up!

He's three. THREE! Where did the time go? It seems like yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital. We had a little birthday for him, but Saturday the 15th is his friends birthday party where I will get to deck the house out in Spiderman and make him his big Cupcake Cake. I can't wait until he sees it!! Here's a picture of my boy on his new bike!

Dear Austin,

I started this tradition with Sissy when she was 2 months old... I wish I would have started it sooner with you, however, better late than never.
You are three today. Three years old. You are getting so big, I can't hardly believe it! I still remember bringing you home from the hospital. You were our first baby. Our pride and joy. Your laugh lights up my life. You have become such a huge part of me that I can't even remember life before you.
You are so smart. You know your colors, and you can count to ten. You also recognize numbers as well, which I am impressed with. You love to know what time it is, and sometimes even get it right all by yourself.
You have the best little personality. A lot of love, and a little sarcasm make you who you are. You say the silliest things that make Daddy and I roll with laughter. You are so sweet with your baby sissy, and it melts my heart over and over again watching you with her. You 'hush' her when she's getting fussy, and you pat her on her tummy. Today when I was feeding her, you were rubbing her feet. Every night before bed, you always make sure you give her kisses. You are the best big brother, Austin.
Your favorite things right now are Thomas the Train, and Spiderman. You are obsessed with both right now, and it's so cute. You know the names of all the trains, and know them by sight. You love to watch ANY train in general. You love being stopped at a train track while we let a train pass by. You are absolutely mesmerized by them. You say you want to be an engineer.
As far as Spiderman goes... you love to "web" people like spiderman does. You go around the house webbing anything and everything. When you web us, you tell us that we can't move. Then you come wipe our webs away. Just the other day I was getting onto you for being on the floor at the pharmacy, and you webbed my mouth shut and told me I couldn't talk. These are the things that make you you, and I love you for them.
You know how to put on your own shoes, although, you don't know how to tie them yet. You love the park, and you learned how to swim this year up at Twin Lakes on vacation. You love walking to the mailbox too. You like to help mommy unload the dishwasher during the day, and have a new found love for throwing clothes in the washing machine. You are such a little helper!
Your vocabulary is larger than life, and you enunciate your words so well. Everyone we come across is so impressed with how smart you are. You must take after your mommy. ;)
Anyways, little man- I am so proud of you. You make me want to be a better person, a better mommy. Watching you and your antics is my favorite thing to do. Your ability to make someone laugh is uncanny, and I hope nothing about you ever changes. You are perfect the way you are. Oh- and you're a momma's boy =)

I love you little man!
Momma

2 comments:

  1. how sweet! LOVE that tradition! I wrote Kensey a letter in her baby book and never did another one :( - Maybe this is something I will start up again, if anything I have pictures!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very, very sweet!! Made tears come to my eyes! Gulp!! Yes, Austin, you are a very amazing little man!!!! Auntie Connie

    ReplyDelete