Saturday, August 1, 2009

Work Outs Galore!

So, since Austin's been gone, I've started my routine of going to the gym every day. I don't set a time of when I'll go, because I've come to realize that I don't do well with setting a time frame on things. If I make a plan to go at 9am, I won't end up going until 10:30... why? Just because I can. It's like I'm rebeling against myself... weird, I know. But at least I know that, so now I just say, "Tomorrow, I'm going to the gym." And I do. And it feels great. It doesn't feel like a chore I have to do, just something I'm doing for myself. And let me tell you, it's about time.
They have a new Parent Room at the gym... Austin will love it.

Speaking of Austin, I get to go pick him up tomorrow! I meet my mom in La Grande at noon, and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited, I can hardley stand it! A week away from him has been really hard... really really hard. But in another way, really nice as well. I've gotten to relax, get a routine set with the gym, get things picked up, planned, appointments taken care of, ect. All without having to chase a 3 year old around. BLISS! But anyhow, I am so stoked to get to see him again! My mom told him this morning that he was going to get to see Mommy and Daddy tomorrow. What did he say?? "DON'T TELL ME THAT!!!" Talk about breaking his mommies heart!! HA!!!

Anyhow, I'm proud of myself. Since I've been to the gym every day this week except for Wednesday. Sydney got her shots Wednesday and did NOT do well. I had a very very rough day after that was over, not to mention spending 3 hours at the hospital (military for ya....) so it was a loooong looooong day! She's doing better now though!

Wow, I get off track easily. I have tried twice now to talk about what I wanted this post to be about.... which is me working out. And each time, I start a tangent on other things. Figures.

I AM GOING TO THE GYM EVERY DAY! YAY FOR ME! I even went today. A Saturday! How awesome is that? I don't plan to go on Sunday's, I plan to use Sunday as a rest day. If God did it, so can I! ;) I know, I'm funny, right? (here I go again, talking about things other than the gym......)
I've been doing the treadmill, elliptical and the weights they have in the Parent room. They are like the Nautalis (sp?) ones that they have at the YMCA. What I'm trying to say, is that they aren't free weights. I love them. They are very controlled, and safe for a weakling such as myself. I use to be strong. Back in HS, I worked out every day, I lifted every day. (Granted, I HAD to lift, because it was one of my classes... but I loved it.) I played sports, I was fit. And what's sad is that I still thought I was fat. But don't we all? I look back on pictures now, and think, "Man, I wish I still looked like that!" (.... another tangent.....)

My first goal is 20 pounds. By November 11th. Which is my... *gulp*... 25th birthday. I have a pair of jeans upstairs that I want to fit in.... and I hope that losing 20 pounds will put me in those jeans. I guess we'll see. If it doesn't.... at least I'll be able to be in jeans that are NOT maternity, and smaller than what's in my closet right now. That will feel amazing.

Ok, I've gotta go shower now, Bryant's done, so my turn!

Have a GREAT weekend!!!

xoxoxo
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment