Friday, May 7, 2010

Military Spouse Appreciation Day

We ARE the silent ranks. The ones that stand behind the lines, and wait at home. We are the ones that hold things together when the going gets tough, we are the ones that sew the house back together when the seams start to rip. We keep the house up, food on the table, do the shopping, and all the dirty work. We are feircly proud of our husbands/wives for the sacrifices they make. Their hard work, and dedication does NOT go unnoticed by us. We greet them with a smile on our faces when they walk in the door, even if our day was terrible to say the least. THEY are our heros. But also, today, take a moment to Thank those that go unnoticed. The Military Spouses that support all those amazing men and women that sacrifice their lives for yours. For our job is a tough one too.

Just a couple poems that do a great job summing things up.

**************************

The Silent Ranks

I wear no uniforms,
No blues or army greens.
But I am in the military
In the ranks rarely seen.
I have no rank upon my shoulders.
Salutes I do not give.
But the military world
Is the place where I live.

I am not in the chain of command,
Orders I do not get.
But my husband is the one who does,
this I cannot forget.
I am not the ones who fires the weapon,
who puts my life on the line.
But my job is just as tough.
I am the one that is left behind.

My husband is a patriot,
A brave, a prideful man
And the call to serve his country,
Not all understand.
Behind the lines I see the things needed
to keep this country free.
My husband makes the sacrifice,
but so do our kids and me.

I love the man I married,
Soldiering is his life.
But I stand among the silent ranks
know as the Military Wife.

***********************


Silent Patriot

A woman for all season, a woman for today
She stands to meet all the challenges
And grows along the way

Her life is not an easy one
With many loads to bear
But she proudly serves her husband
And the uniform he wears

Although she didn’t take the oath
To preserve democracy
She’s there each day on the home front
To keep our country free

She’s foreign-born or a country girl
Diversity you will find
But to be a military wife,
It takes a special kind

She’s one who keeps on going
Through adversity and pain
She’s the steady strong foundation
When nothing stays the same

She’s the one who sheds a tear
As Old Glory passes by
But couldn’t give an answer
If you were to ask her why?

Throughout the years she marches on
Through tears and joy and strife
She’s America’s unsung hero ~
She’s a military wife

No comments:

Post a Comment