Sunday, May 24, 2009

Carnival Fun........ and...... puke???

Crazy Days was this weekend in Mountain Home. They usually have a "fair" like atmosphere set up downtown in the streets with food vendors, and booths, flea market type sales, ect. It was lame this year. Not much was out, we didn't even stop for it. We did however, take Austin to the carnival that comes with it each year. He loved it. Absolutely L-O-V-E-D it. Last year, he was a little to small to really get it, and enjoy it. This year, he was asking for more. And cried all the way to the car when we ran out of tickets. (15 bucks for 10 tickets.... seriously?!) I was a little bit bummed though, with being pregnant, they wouldn't let me do any rides with him. He was too small still to go on some of them by himself, so had to be with an adult. I wasn't allowed. I should have told them that they were discriminating. Geeze. :)
Here's a few pictures from the Carnival. It was a BEAUTIFUL, HOT day, and I'm definitely thankful that we remembered to lather on the sunscreen before we left.... or we'd ALL be fried.
Always have to get the corn dog when you go to these things! He ate about half of it before he was done though. He wanted more rides.
Austin loved this one. It actually went REALLY fast.... I had a hard time getting any good pictures out of this one. Bryant said that the first time they went on it, Austin was making all sorts of horsey noises.... laughing, neighing, ect. He was thrilled with this one.

In the middle of blowing me kisses.
The Ferris Wheel. He asked and asked and asked to go on this one. It ate up over half his tickets because Bry had to go on it with him, but it was worth it. He had a blast on it. Bryant said he was so excited when they went up high. This was one that he wanted to go on again and again.
Austin and his buddy Noah making a break for the Ferris Wheel. Our friends Amanda and Nick met us at the Carnival so the boys could ride together. They always had to be in seperate cars, motorcycles or whatever. They never would sit together. Silly boys.
Austin was really into the rides :) He was racing right here, and making VROOOOOOM-ing noises.
The Firetruck was a hit with him! He drove that thing like it was nobody's business!!
The Motorcycles. Up and down, up and down.... of course, he loved these too. :)
This was one happy kid. I do believe this was the first ride of the day, and he was MORE than happy!
Bry and I were waiting in line for the ticket booth to open, so this is what all the kids were doing.... after I took this I had to run over and get him down, he was wanting to climb INSIDE the bumper cars..... yipes!
***********************************************************
Fast Forward a few hours. We did a couple things in town, came home, threw the filthy kid in the bath and then nap time it was. We went about the rest of our day like normal, and had a wonderful dinner of BBQed tri-tip steaks, grilled asparagus, pineapple and pasta salad. It was ever so delish, and had popcicles for dessert. Austin went to bed tired and incredibly happy. But woke up at 1am whimpering slightly. I thought he was just hot, since he INSISTS on sleeping with not one, not two, but THREE blankets every night. So I got up, like I had a few nights before to take some blankies off him and cool him down some. But what I found when I got in there was NOT what I signed up for.
Puke.
Everywhere. I'm not kidding. It was awful. On his "comfort" blankie, sheets, pillow, all over the side of his face, under his chin, in his ear, down his back. It was A-W-F-U-L!!! Now me, I'm not so good with the whole upchuck thing. So I had to go get Bryant up to take care of the bedding. I grabbed Austin and high-tailed it to the bathtub in our bedroom. Bryant followed me in to rinse his pillow case in the sink. All I was doing was merely taking Austin's clothes off to put him in the bathtub and it sent me to the toilet over and over again dry heaving. Like I said, I'm not good with puking.
I bet you ALL wanted to know that. That's why I told you. You're welcome.
We don't have extra sheets for Austin's bed, so everything went into the wash, including his beloved blankie. Thank GOD nothing got on Panda (his bear that he sleeps with, who's name is really Sweeny by trade, but Austin decided against that.) because I really think it was our only saving grace to get him back to sleep. We got another pillow out of the closet, and thankfully had a spare Cars Pillowcase, and he burrowed in with us for the night. No more incidents the rest of the night, and says he feels fine today, although hasn't eaten anything but cereal this morning, and a bite of banana and piece of cheese the rest of the day. So I guess we'll see!! Wish us luck for tonight.... I'm not sure I can deal with it again tonight too!! YIPES!
Anyhow, I think that's all the excitement for one weekend. Now that I'm finally remembering to keep up on the blog, I'm hoping to be able to get back into the actual regular life blogging. Sometimes it's about me too. :) Not JUST this cute little kid that's sitting next to me. :) Ok... and sometimes Bry too...............
xoxoxoxo
k.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the blogs you are posting. I'm sorry I got a little behind but I'm catching up! Sounds like Austin had a fun time.
    I feel your pain on the puke thing. I can't handle it well, either. Blech!
    I hope he is better now. :(

    ReplyDelete