Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nerves Nerves and more Nerves

I had my Neurology appointment in Boise yesterday. I'm pretty positive the doctor is a quack. No, I'm serious. I mean, common, he had a zillion certifications, and is allowed to do hypnosis. My face goes numb, and what does he want to do about it? "Talk, and get into my head." Are you kidding me? Would you like to know what else he said to me? I walked into his "office" (direct replica of old movies where it's a dark, musty-ish office with over sized wooden desks, bookshelves, and old medical books cluttering the place..... just trying to set the mood here...) and he looks at me and says,
"Wow, you kind of have a fat belly going on."
It's one of those times where you're not quite sure what to say, and not 100% sure if you've heard the person correctly. But no, I definitely heard him right. So what's the only thing I can come up with?
"Yeah, but only for 3 1/2 more weeks." ............... I know, right?? Where'd my wittiness go when I needed it?
So he continues on with,
"Well, you better lose that, it's not healthy."
Was it dry humor or is he just a jerk? I'm possibly leaning towards the latter.

Anyhow, he thinks my numbness is a derivative of my migraines. And since I get them so frequent and so fierce, with meds not exactly helping, he really is wanting to do an MRI of my brain. The numbness is coming from the right part of my brain, and he wants to rule anything else out before we go on. I go back in 6 weeks for him to know if I've had any more "attacks" as he calls it, and then will schedual an MRI then. It's not safe to have an MRI while pregnant, and Sydney will be here in 3 1/2 weeks, and then I'll have a good 2 1/2 weeks of downtime after the C-section. So 6 more weeks it is. Fine with me, this guy is nuts.

So, onto my crazy nerves. While we were in Boise I started having a few contractions. The take your breath away, slap you in the face kind. After we got home, they picked up, and I was feeling pretty miserable. I ended up with contractions all night, and after I finally went to bed, had a few over night. I'm doing okay today, just absolutely exhausted from them.
But it's really gotten me thinking. About having her of course. We might have her room ready, have the hospital bag ready, the house ready.... everything on the exterior of our lives is ready. But am I?? I'm going to have TWO kids. Oh. My. Gosh. A mom of two. Where did this come from? It was just YESTERDAY that I pee'd on a stick. (TMI? sorry...) Just YESTERDAY that we wrote on a Onsie for Austin saying that he was a "Big Brother." A ONSIE. He was still wearing those!
I'm really beginning to freak.

Do we have what we need? What are we forgetting? Are we going to have enough cloth diapers? What is Austin going to think? Is he going to be mad at me? Is he going to like having a little sister? What about her name? Will she like it? Do I like it? What if we see her and her name doesn't fit? What then? Is she going to be healthy? What if she's not? What if she comes early? Am I prepared for that? Physically? Mentally? Wow.

Yes, I am freaking. Bryant is calm. When did this happen? I am suppose to be the calm one!

Thanks for taking front seat to my pity party, it was fun, huh?

One last thing.... About blogging. At the bottom of each blog, there's a comment section.... I love comments... so COMMENT! :) OR ELSE. [kidding]
However, I really do like to read comments on here, you have to go to the actual site of the blog to comment, I don't believe you can do it off of the e mails that some of you get of my blog. But it's nice knowing people read this, and that I'm not just talking to myself. :)

xoxoxo
k.

8 comments:

  1. First of all...
    WTF to that doctor!!! hahaha You should have bopped him one ;o)
    Second...
    Sit down, Take a DEEP breath & Calm yourself! You are an AMAZING mother and everything is going to work out perfectly. Austin will love her to death, her name is beautiful, you can always go out and buy more cloth diapers :o), you have an amazing husband who is there to help you & you are just as amazing! The anticipation is getting to you and making you anxious but once she is here...everything will fall into place! So Please...take a few deep breaths and try to relax.
    I love you...
    (by the way I expect you to tell me these same things when I am in your shoes freaking out before I have a child...I hope you know that...LMAO)
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay KAM settle down and take a deep BREATH!!!You are just to funny!!
    I love ya though!!!!!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny I just posted my comment and noticed that Chelsea said the same thing about taking a deep breath.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to be 110% fine!!!!!!! You're world will feel complete when you hold that little girl in your arms and all the worry will go away!!!!! 3 1/2 weeks!!!!!! i'm so excited to see her!
    Love you!
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are totally prepared; no worries; you just need some more foot rubs from Bryant to relax you!

    Don't worry too much about the neurology doctor; afterall many doctors don't have a sense of humor and he was at least trying, just doing a lousy job of it. Maybe you can offer your services (after Sydney arrives) to re-decorate his office. Glad to hear he wants to do a MRI later and the numbness instead of migraines very well could be, one just never knows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute blog Kami! Good luck with everything over the next few weeks, I can't wait to see pics of your new baby girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok....breath...breath....breath.....

    Yes, he sounds like a quack. Who SAYS that??

    And you will be fine as a momma of 2. It will come naturally.

    Now drink some tea and REST!!

    Love you girl!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone needs to slap you (in a loving way, of course). I'd do it if I could reach.
    Take a deep breath! Your feelings are normal. I KNOW how you feel. Austin will love Sydney. Her name is perfect and you will love it even more when she is out of you. Everything. Will. Be. Fine.
    I promise.

    I also want to add... Do as much research on the MRI as you can. Will you be Breastfeeding? I have a friend who has to have one done and they told her she can't BF for two whole days after the MRI. So it may be something you want to weigh all your options about.
    Your health is important, though!!!

    Lastly, that doc sounds like a real douche.

    ReplyDelete